Tuesday, 22 March 2022 9 .00 - 18.00 h
Frank Behnisch, CSL Behring, Germany
Yves Samson, Kereon, Switzerland
Dr Robert Stephenson, Rob Stephenson Consultancy, UK
- Get to know the current risk management approaches of ICH Q9 and GAMP®5
- Become familiar with the use of the latest methods and tools for risk analysis when validating computerised systems
- Learn how the activities involved in the validation of computerised systems can be controlled efficiently by means of risk management
- In 3 case studies you can see how these procedures are applicable
Current GMP regulations and guidelines (EU-GMP Guide Annex 11 ‘Computerised Systems’, ICH Q9, GAMP®5, ASTM E2500-13) focus more and more on the topic of risk management. However, the regulations do not offer much concrete advice on how its principles should be translated into practice during the validation and operation of computerised systems. Therefore, it is the aim of this course to provide you with practice-oriented guidance in performing this task.
This Live Online Training is directed at employees from Production, Quality Control / Quality Assurance, Engineering, IT who have to deal with risk assessment and risk management in the field of computer validation.
Computerised System Validation: Introduction to Risk Management
Introduction – What Do You Want From This Day?
- Capturing delegates expectations
- Sharing and reducing to key points in groups
- Sharing with all delegates and tutors
An Introduction to Risk Management (including ICH Q9)
- Definition of “Quality Risk Management”
- Principles of Quality Risk Management
- Application of the principles in validation
- Methods of assessing and controlling risk
- Regulatory expectations for risk management
Risk Management the GAMP® 5 Way
- The importance of Risk-based Decision Making
- How the GAMP® 5 Risk Management Approach aligns with ICH Q9
- The 5-Steps you will need to follow described in detail
- Risk Management throughout the System Lifecycle
- Short workshop on Risk Identification and Risk Analysis
Risk Assessment the GAMP® 5 Way
- The simple GAMP® 5 Risk Assessment Method
- Assessment Scales for computerised systems that work
- Functional Risk Assessments and Risk Reduction Strategies
- Using risk to determine Test Rigour
Case Study: Risk Management Applied to a Computerised System
- Evaluating identified risks
- Classification of risks into H, M, L
- Controls to mitigate unacceptable risks
- Links to the validation plan and protocols
Case Study: Risk Management Applied to a Control System
- What are the conclusions from the risk assessment?
- What options do you have to mitigate (reduce) the higher risks?
- How will the output affect the protocol?
An Introduction to Risk Ranking
- What is risk ranking
- How is it carried out
- How is it documented?
- A few useful applications
Case Study: Applying Risk Ranking to Determine Periodic Review Priorities
- How is severity determined?
- How can scales be created?
- Ranking the risks
- Developing a risk-based action plan.
For our Live Online Training Courses and Webinars, we use Cisco WebEx, one of the leading suppliers of online meetings.
you can check if your system meets the necessary requirements for the participation at a WebEx meeting and at the same time install the necessary plug-in. Please just enter your name and email address for the test. If the installation is not possible because of your rights for the computer system, please contact your IT department. WebEx is a Standard nowadays and the necessary installation is fast and easy.